What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- A hand up for tomorrow’s engineers
- Media Release | Bids replace buckets in New Zealand Red Cross annual appeal
- Always there in times of disaster – Westport floods
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross says thanks a million for donating to support the people of Tonga
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross supporting emergency response on the West Coast
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Curtain bank volunteer
Volunteer at our curtain banks and help families keep their houses cozy and warm.
Our curtain banks provide curtains to families and individuals in the community who don't have the resources to purchase them. Keeping homes warm with appropriate curtains is essential to maintaining health and well being.
Our curtain bank volunteers help sort and collect donated curtains and fix/alter any curtains that need mending. Time commitment will vary from region to region, depending on curtain bank opening hours and volunteer availability.
New Zealand Red Cross requires its people – employees, members and those that volunteer their time – to be fully vaccinated. If you are interested in volunteering for New Zealand Red Cross you will need to provide your ‘My vaccine Pass’ when required. This is important as we place our people at the heart of everything we do, ensuring we take steps to prioritise health, safety and well-being.
- Schedule varies by location
- ID verification
- Valid MyVaccine Pass
Tauranga - Mount Maunganui