What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross responds to Nelson fires
- Red Cross welcomes government’s announcement of new refugee settlement locations
- Health worker blog: Christmas at Kutupalong
- New Zealand Red Cross welcomes government’s decision to sign Global Compact for Migration
- A scholarship to build the future
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Knitting group volunteer
Love to knit - and to natter? Join one of our social knitting groups and support those in need in your community.
Our knitting groups meet regularly to craft sweaters, hats, blankets, scarves and other treasures to deliver to people in need, from premature babies in the neonatal ward to newly arrived refugee families.
Knitter Knatter is a great way to socialise, expand and evolve your knitting skills, and give back to the community. We have groups in almost every corner of the country, from Kerikeri in the north to Invercargill down south.