What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Finding strength in adversity
- Preparing multilingual communities for emergencies
- Colombian former refugees host cultural celebration
- International appeal launched to support major recovery and rebuilding operation following Indonesian earthquake
- A day in the life of a delegate in Cox’s Bazar
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Knitting group volunteer
Love to knit - and to natter? Join one of our social knitting groups and support those in need in your community.
Our knitting groups meet regularly to craft sweaters, hats, blankets, scarves and other treasures to deliver to people in need, from premature babies in the neonatal ward to newly arrived refugee families.
Knitter Knatter is a great way to socialise, expand and evolve your knitting skills, and give back to the community. We have groups in almost every corner of the country, from Kerikeri in the north to Invercargill down south.