What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- A hand up for tomorrow’s engineers
- Media Release | Bids replace buckets in New Zealand Red Cross annual appeal
- Always there in times of disaster – Westport floods
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross says thanks a million for donating to support the people of Tonga
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross supporting emergency response on the West Coast
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Knitting group volunteer
Love to knit - and to natter? Join one of our social knitting groups and support those in need in your community.
Our knitting groups meet regularly to craft sweaters, hats, blankets, scarves and other treasures to deliver to people in need, from premature babies in the neonatal ward to newly arrived refugee families.
Knitter Knatter is a great way to socialise, expand and evolve your knitting skills, and give back to the community. We have groups in almost every corner of the country, from Kerikeri in the north to Invercargill down south.
New Zealand Red Cross requires its people – employees, members and those that volunteer their time – to be fully vaccinated. If you are interested in volunteering for New Zealand Red Cross you will need to provide your ‘My vaccine Pass’ when required. This is important as we place our people at the heart of everything we do, ensuring we take steps to prioritise health, safety and well-being.