What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- A hand up for tomorrow’s engineers
- Media Release | Bids replace buckets in New Zealand Red Cross annual appeal
- Always there in times of disaster – Westport floods
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross says thanks a million for donating to support the people of Tonga
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross supporting emergency response on the West Coast
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
New Zealand Red Cross Youth Engagement Strategy
The New Zealand Red Cross Youth Engagement Strategy sets a clear direction for how Red Cross engages with young people in the future. It brings to life a responsive and inclusive approach for volunteering, humanitarian advocacy and partnering with rangatahi. It builds on the vision of New Zealand Red Cross’ Strategy 2030 and the International Federation of Red Cross Strategy’s goals for engaging with young people.
Our vision for Youth Engagement
Te Pae Tawhiti Mō Te Tuitui Rangatahi*
New Zealand Red Cross partners with young humanitarians from diverse backgrounds as a key voice in inclusion and equity to increase our humanitarian impact. Rangatahi are heard and their hopes and ideas are part of shaping their future and that of New Zealand Red Cross. Rangatahi have deep connections, strong community and wide networks supporting them as humanitarian leaders
*Rangatahi in the context of this document describes young people. In the global Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, a young person is anyone under the age of 30 years old.
You can read the full New Zealand Red Cross Youth Engagement Strategy here or, to view the strategy summary click here.