What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- 2011 Canterbury Earthquake 10-year Anniversary Survey: Understanding the Recovery Journey
- “Red Cross is always there”
- Visitor Care Manaaki Manuhiri: “The support removed my financial and mental stress”
- The perfect system
- Napier flood: Finding a warm, dry and safe place
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Experienced Face-to-Face Fundraiser - Wellington
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced In-House Face-to-Face Fundraiser to join our team in Wellington.
Be part of the largest humanitarian network in the world!
Help establish New Zealand Red Cross’ first in-house face-to-face fundraising team and make a difference.
Competitive hourly rate, paid training and opportunities to grow within New Zealand Red Cross.
New Zealand Red Cross is extremely excited to be announcing the launch of its first ever in-house face-to-face fundraising team. We are looking for a select number of friendly, outgoing and confident fundraisers to help build and grow this initiative.
As an In-House Face-to-Face Fundraiser, you will play an integral role of building the culture and dynamic of the team. By inspiring members of the public to become a New Zealand Red Cross supporter, you’ll be making a massive difference to the lives of millions of people. This role will provide you with the opportunity to use your passion for making a difference, not only here in New Zealand, but all over the world, whilst building your career in the sales, marketing and the charity sector.
- Inspire members of the public to become regular monthly donors and encourage people to be part of this global humanitarian movement.
- Represent New Zealand Red Cross in a positive and inspiring manner.
- Build rapport with people and provide an excellent donor experience.
- Support new and existing team members.
- Actively participate in relevant New Zealand Red Cross team building, meetings, training or group activities.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the In-House Face-to-Face Fundraising Team Leader or Manager.
- Adhere to New Zealand Red Cross' policies and Public Fundraising regulations.
- Ensure accurate processing and administration of donor sign-ups.
The position is based in Wellington with an expectation to travel within the region. This is an exciting opportunity to stamp your mark and contribute to the overall establishment of New Zealand Red Cross’ first in-house face-to-face fundraising programme. Along with this, you will be building up your experience and creating pathways for yourself within the industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate and incentives.
- Social, fun and supportive team environment.
- Paid, comprehensive training on fundraising skills and charity knowledge.
- Charity uniform and tablet to use while working.
- Weekly team catch-ups.
- Being an integral part of the foundation of the team.
- Opportunity for career progression and growth.
- Leadership opportunities and training.
To be considered for this role, you must be:
- Past, proven, face-to-face fundraising experience.
- Confident, social and passionate about the cause.
- Energetic, with a can-do positive attitude.
- Reliable, trustworthy and hardworking.
- Fluent in English, with strong communication skills.
- A supportive team player.
- Driven to meet targets.
- Committed to a minimum of three months full-time work.
- A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident or hold a valid working visa.
Immediate start is available.
To apply for the position, please apply to Ngan Nguyen at https://mclaren.co.nz/vacancies/
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
Applications will be reviewed and actioned as received.
P: 04 499 1069