What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- New Zealand Red Cross appoints new Secretary General
- Lake Ōhau fire: Providing emotional support to survivors
- Serving up a lifesaving effort in Waikato
- Red Cross and the Hurricanes invite you to join the Good and Ready Photo Challenge
- Bringing ‘hope in a box’ to Kiwis in need
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Hospital services volunteer
Help make a difference in someone's recovery and recuperation journey by becoming a hospital services volunteer.
Our hospital services volunteers, in partnership with local District Health Boards, provide a warm and friendly welcome to hospital patients and visitors. Volunteers may visit wards offering a selection of items, such as drinks and snacks or books and magazines.
Our hospital service volunteers are a friendly face and a considerate and sensitive visitor during a patient's recovery and recuperation. A few hours once a week, fortnight or month can make all the difference in someone's recovery.