What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- A hand up for tomorrow’s engineers
- Media Release | Bids replace buckets in New Zealand Red Cross annual appeal
- Always there in times of disaster – Westport floods
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross says thanks a million for donating to support the people of Tonga
- Media Release | New Zealand Red Cross supporting emergency response on the West Coast
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Following the nationwide COVID-19 lockdown, our teams across the country observed there were some people who felt isolated and disconnected, and wanted to do something to bring a cheerful message from a kind individual in their community. In response, the Letters of Kindness project was created.
We have received approximately 1,300 Letters of Kindness from caring people across Aotearoa. The letters have come in different shapes and sizes, as letter-senders have crafted their contributions with thoughtfulness and creativity which we know the recipients have truly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this project!