What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Following the nationwide COVID-19 lockdown, our teams across the country observed there were some people who felt isolated and disconnected, and wanted to do something to bring a cheerful message from a kind individual in their community. In response, the Letters of Kindness project was created.
We have received approximately 1,300 Letters of Kindness from caring people across Aotearoa. The letters have come in different shapes and sizes, as letter-senders have crafted their contributions with thoughtfulness and creativity which we know the recipients have truly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this project!