We are committed to building a diverse, experienced and committed team of people to help carry out the mission of Red Cross here in New Zealand.
As we continue to grow and develop our services and programmes we are regularly looking for new staff to join us.
Don’t see your dream job below? Bookmark this page and keeping checking back, you never know when your perfect job will show up.
Programme Coordinator - Hamilton
Part time – 18.75 Fixed term 2 years
We are an organisation with over 10,000 voluntary members and 450 staff and we have an exciting opportunity for a Programme Coordinator.
This position involves being responsible for coordinating the annual book fair and maximising the event to promote NZRC activities and attract volunteers. This position will also take a lead in coordinating annual appeal activities in the Waikato region.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate fundraising and promotional events.
- Liaise with Red Cross staff, volunteers and members of the public
- Enlist and support volunteers
- Build relationships with individuals, groups and organisations to engage their involvement
- Promote New Zealand Red Cross and its activities
- Maintain and update databases
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have experience coordinating a project
- Have excellent people skills and are able to relate well to a variety of people from all different backgrounds.
- Have good verbal communication skills and a great telephone manner
- Are able to work well as part of a team but also independently when required.
- Are able to be adaptable and can use your initiative.
- Are creative and enjoy finding solutions and implementing new ideas.
- Have experience with excel and word skills
- Have a valid driver’s licence
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Rachel O'Connor, Humanitarian Service Mangager at New Zealand Red Cross 07 849 0285.
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form. Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 24th April 2015
Senior Advisor, EQ Recovery
Location: Middleton, Christchurch
Fulltime fixed-term until 30 June 2016
We are an organisation with over 10,000 voluntary members and 450 staff and we havean exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor, Earthquake Recovery.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Recovery Programmes Manager and Recovery governance by providing high level advice and guidance on earthquake recovery activities and to develop guidance and tools to support Recovery Team staff in undertaking projects.
In this role you will:
- lead the planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for all projects within the Recovery plan, ensuring they are aligned to national PMER frameworks
- conduct ongoing research and provide the analysis of information relating to recovery activities
- lead the project management capacity building for Recovery Team staff and,
- be the project lead for the implementation of projects as required
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
- post-graduate university degree, preferably in social sciences, with demonstrated investigative and/or research skills
- demonstrated ability to understand, analyse and explain clearly issues in a complex environment
- experience in project management from conception to completion
- demonstrated administrative, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- proficiency in a variety of Microsoft computer applications, including database, spreadsheet, PowerPoint and word processing programs
- experience and understanding of the Canterbury Earthquake recovery context
- exceptional ability to prepare and present written proposals and reports and are able to develop and deliver presentations as needed
To discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Michael Donoghue, Recovery Manager at New Zealand Red Cross (03) 338 4969 ext825.
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form. Please send your application by email to Vicki.Pooley@redcross.org.nz
Applications close at 5pm on 27 April 2015.