We are committed to building a diverse, experienced and committed team of people to help carry out the mission of Red Cross here in New Zealand.
As we continue to grow and develop our services and programmes we are regularly looking for new staff to join us.
Don’t see your dream job below? Bookmark this page and keeping checking back, you never know when your perfect job will show up.
Psychosocial Training Facilitator
Casual Employment Agreement – Fixed Term until 30 June 2016
We are an organisation with over 10,000 voluntary members and 450 staff. We have an exciting opportunity in the Christchurch-based Earthquake Recovery Team for a Psychosocial Training Facilitator.
The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of high quality training sessions and workshops and will contribute to the on-going learning and development of the Psychosocial Training Programme.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- undertaking training to become familiar with the Recovery Matters training materials for each of the following audiences: Red Cross personal, external workplace staff and volunteers and community members
- preparing for each of the sessions, using the training tools and updates provided
- facilitating delivery of Recovery Matters training and workshops and other psychosocial training for Red Cross personal as required
- participating in regular facilitator meetings, providing feedback on sessions and input to content where appropriate.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- have proven experience in facilitating training within an adult learning environment
- are an excellent communicator
- have an understanding of psychosocial concepts
- hold a relevant qualification, preferably in psychology, social work or mental health
- have experience in community engagement and/or community development
- possess strong people management skills and are able to adapt to different audience styles and needs
- have an understanding of the recovery context and/or experience living in Canterbury during and/or after the 2010/2011 earthquakes.
To discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Martin Stuart (Team Leader – Psychosocial Recovery), at New Zealand Red Cross (03) 338 4969.
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form. Please send your application by email to email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 27th of May 2015.