We are committed to building a diverse, experienced and committed team of people to help carry out the mission of Red Cross here in New Zealand.
As we continue to grow and develop our services and programmes we are regularly looking for new staff to join us.
Don’t see your dream job below? Bookmark this page and keeping checking back, you never know when your perfect job will show up.
Retail Assistant – Red Cross Shop
Permanent Part time – 7.5 hours every Saturday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Assistant.
This position assists with the co-ordination of the daily operational needs of the Red Cross Shop, including sales management, enhancing customer service, stock management and shop presentation in a professional, efficient and effective manner.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Customer Service
- Promoting/Driving Sales
- Cash Management
- Shop Presentation
- Stock Management
- Assist with Volunteer Management
- Health and Safety
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Have a background in Retail
- Have experience in a sales environment
- Have experience in Cash Handling/Cash Management/Retail Shop Operations
- Have experience working as or with volunteers
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Are prepared to work flexible hours
All applications MUST include a Covering Letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form.
Please send your application by email to email@example.com or post to:
National Retail Manager
422 Te Rapa Road
Applications close at 3.00pm on Friday 7th August 2015.
Humanitarian Services Manager - Waikato/Bay of Plenty
The Humanitarian Services Manager (HSM) is a senior role in the Humanitarian Services group and is responsible to the General Manager Humanitarian Services for leadership and management support to staff/volunteers and for the delivery of New Zealand Red Cross (NZRC) humanitarian services and activities within the Region. The HSM also works with Area Councils, Branches, Groups and Members.
In this role you will:
• Oversee the planning, development, promotion and successful operation of humanitarian services and activities in the Region
• Provide leadership and management support to Service Centre Coordinators (SCC) and team leaders (TL) and other direct reports at Service Centres in the Region, ensuring high levels of staff and volunteer accountability and performance
• Work closely with Area Councils, Branches, Groups, and Individual Members and their activities within the Region, ensuring that all plans and activities are aligned, and that members and staff are working together to help renew, inspire and utilise the membership/volunteer base
• Ensure that all national systems and requirements for local delivery of fundraising, marketing & communications, risk management, planning & reporting, budgeting, financial systems, etc. are delivered
• Provide relationship management both internally and externally with key stakeholders
• Contribute to national humanitarian services project working teams.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have:
• A successful track record of leadership in large NGO humanitarian service delivery or similar environments, ideally working with vulnerable migrants, international aid and development, community development, and disaster preparedness, response and recovery
• Demonstrated competence in developing and recommending new initiatives and seeing them through to implementation and ultimate success
• Excellent relationship, trust building and communication skills
• Extensive successful experience implementing best-practice human resource management, planning processes, and financial management, across a large and diverse workforce that included volunteers
• Ability to influence and create positive high level relationships across a wide range of stakeholders and community leaders, including Mana Whenua
• Understanding of, and experience in, community development/empowerment
• Experience managing risk, especially Health & Safety and Business Continuity
• A relevant tertiary qualification in social services or management.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Caroline Preston on 04 494 1313.
All applications MUST include a covering letter, CV, and completed Application for Employment form. Please send your application by email to Diane.McNamara@redcross.org.nz
Applications close on 23 August 2015.