What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Settlement Cross Cultural Worker - Invercargill | Casual
We have an exciting opportunity for a casual Settlement Cross Cultural Worker to join our team in Invercargill.
Invercargill Spanish Speaking Settlement Cross Cultural Worker
Casual position available
As part of the largest humanitarian aid organisation in the world, New Zealand Red Cross plays a vital role in providing assistance to vulnerable people in New Zealand and overseas. New Zealand Red Cross is an organisation with 10,000 volunteers and 400 staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Settlement Cross Cultural Worker to support the Colombian community members who arrive in Invercargill through the refugee quota.
Through the provision of both cultural and linguistic support this position will work alongside the Invercargill social workers, caseworkers and volunteers to assist the new families in their resettlement.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that refugee families are able to communicate in the NZ environment.
- Facilitate understanding of NZ society for refugees, and the culture of the refugees for those supporting them in NZ.
- Ensure that appropriate linkages are made to service providers.
- Advocate for refugee clients in the NZ social context.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you:
- Speak Spanish and English with a proficiency of at least Intermediate level
- Can provide competent and accurate cross language support both verbally and written
- Have knowledge of confidentiality and privacy act practices
- Have knowledge and experience of the refugee journey and resettlement experience
To download the job description and to apply for this position please click the 'Apply Now' button to be taken to the New Zealand Red Cross Careers page.
All applications MUST be submitted online which requires uploading a recent copy of CV, Cover Letter, Passport, and Right to Work(If Not NZ Citizen).
Applications close at 5pm, 29 October 2021.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this job.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity or for further information, please contact Michelle McGee at New Zealand Red Cross 027 235 4635.APPLY NOW