What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Building lasting connections through Meals on Wheels
- Global support saves lives as India battles second COVID-19 wave
- Meals on Wheels: 70 years of love and care across Aotearoa
- Volunteers: Red Cross’ most important and unique asset
- Red Cross responds to weather events across the North Island
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Red Cross Journey
Launches 17 June 2021! Red Cross Journey is an online fitness challenge with a difference! Follow a refugee journey to safety and raise funds to help others. Walk, run, cycle or move another way to complete the journey. You can go at your own pace, you can sign up from 17 June and will have until 30 July to complete the journey. Sign up today!
Sign up now
How it works
Join Red Cross Journey is a fundraising challenge with a difference. Choose a journey length that suits you and then walk, run, swim or move another way to complete the distance. The journey distances include:
- 80km Naf River to Cox's Bazaar - good for individuals
- 145km Damascus to Beirut - go the extra distance
- 425km from Afghanistan to Pakistan - great for teams!
- 1,175km Myanmar to Thailand - the next level of challenge
We'll keep you motivated with stories of real people who have to be forced to flee their homes as you progress on your journey.
Register for just $10 and then encourage your friends, family, and workmates to sponsor you.
If you purchase any of our awesome Red Cross products (below) on sign up, your $10 entry fee will be refunded! If you like the look of all three products, opt for the goody bag for $50. Our popular products will be available while stocks last!
- Red Cross Journey KeepCup - $20
- Taste of Cultures recipe book - $25
- Einstein was a refugee t-shirt - $30
- Red Cross Journey goody bag - $50
You can join as an individual or group. Find out more.
Have a question? Get in touch email@example.com.