What we do
Ā mātau mahi
- Recent stories
- Huge Hanes new clothing donations a warm welcome for former refugees
- COVID-19 Place of Interest : New Zealand Red Cross Shop Greerton Tauranga
- Kitset cabins and collegial connections
- Be Good and Ready in an emergency
- Welcome packs help former refugee families make their new house a home
- See all stories
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Set up payroll giving or fundraise with us to engage your workforce - and make a difference!
Every week generous Kiwis help the work of New Zealand Red Cross by donating automatically through their pay. It’s one of the easiest ways to support our work. Making a small donation from your pay each week makes a big difference over time and across an organisation.
Payroll giving is even easier than donating through other platforms as your donation and tax credit is processed automatically by your payroll team. So you don’t need to wait until the end of the year to receive your credit of 33% and you don’t need to handle all the paperwork. This means a $5 donation each week only costs you $3.34.
Employers have the option to match payroll giving donations, making it easy to double the donation and the impact it makes.
- Easy and effective way to donate to charity
- A little adds up over time and across an organisation
- Double the impact with employer-matched giving
- Automatic tax refund applied
- We can help your organisation launch a campaign and provide recognition resources
Information for employees
The generosity of people like you allows us to help people in need here in Aotearoa and overseas. Your support will:
- Aid thousands of Kiwis affected by disasters
- Connect vulnerable people with support and a warm meal
- Help former refugees settle into their new home
- Deliver international aid in the Pacific and beyond
- Empower Kiwis with first aid skills to look after themselves and their communities
How to set up payroll giving:
- Contact your payroll department and let them know you’d like to set up payroll giving. They’ll need the following information from you: donee organisation's details: New Zealand Red Cross - our bank account or postal address - donation amount - pay period, or periods, you want to donate in.
If your organisation doesn’t have payroll giving but you’d like to set up a regular donation, you can become a Project Partner.
Information for employers
If you’d like to set up payroll giving with us, get in touch. We can support the development of your payroll giving scheme, from launch to maturity.
How to set up payroll giving:
- Check whether your organisation’s human resources or payroll department has payroll giving set up, and then select “New Zealand Red Cross Incorporated” as a donee organisation . For more information on setting it up, click here.
- Let us know that you have chosen to donate through payroll giving. We can provide any additional information you need, including our bank account details, postal address and charities number. We can also help your organisation launch a payroll giving campaign, provide regular updates on the benefits of your donations, and help you acknowledge the support of individual employees.
- Share your payroll giving options with your staff. Appointing a champion to set a target and promote the opportunity is a great way to increase employee engagement. We can give your team the tools and motivation to make an impact.
New Zealand Red Cross has several fundraising and volunteering opportunities to inspire and motivate your workplace to give - like Red Cross Journey and Red Cross Appeal. Or come up with your own workplace fundraiser - we can provide a collection box or a digital fundraising platform to share with your supporters . Let us know if you have funds to pass through from your workplace collections.
Another easy (and free!) way that you and your colleagues can support us is by selecting New Zealand Red Cross as your charity through RewardHub and we'll receive free donations you earn by online shopping with participating retailers.