What we do
Ā mātau mahi
Shop with us
Nau mai, hoko atu
- Get involved Donate
Wellbeing during COVID-19
Since New Zealand went into Level 4 lockdown in March 2020, we have learnt a lot about COVID-19. For example, we know that hygiene measures, contact tracing, physical distancing and wearing face coverings can help to keep us all safe from the virus. However, the ongoing situation has had an effect on personal wellbeing with some being more affected than others. With this in mind we are continuing our focus on staying safe, keeping connected and looking after each other.
We can do this!
Download our flyer of wellbeing tips here.
Here are some more ideas for how you can keep well:
- Talk to people you can trust. It is normal to feel stressed, confused, scared or angry during a crisis.
- Limit worry and agitation. Spend less time watching or reading the news.
- Be aware that not everything you hear about the virus may be true. Use information from trusted sources.
- Take time out. Do things you enjoy and remember it’s okay to take a break.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eat well, get plenty of sleep, exercise and stay in touch with family and friends.
- Deal with any emotions you have in a healthy manner. Have a plan of where to go for help with your physical and mental wellbeing.
- Be kind. Showing you care can make a big difference.
If you need someone to talk to call 1737 to talk to a trained counsellor, 24 hours a day.
Join the Wellbeing Challenge
What can you do every day to keep well? Take our wellbeing challenge to connect, get active, learn and give. You can also encourage your friends, family and workmates to take this challenge!
Mental Health and Wellbeing Courses
We offer a range of mental health and wellbeing courses to help you look after yourself and others during times of stress. Click here for further information.
Further information and support
For further information on the New Zealand COVID-19 response please click here.
Further information on mental health and wellbeing can be found on the Mental Health Foundation website. Click here to view.
Check out the translated resources available for you to download below. Please note these translations have been prepared by the community as part of their response to COVID-19.
For more COVID-19 translated resources, head to the Unite Against COVID-19 website.