Book shop volunteer
Do you have a love for books and want some retail work experience? We're always looking for volunteers for our book shops.
As a book shop volunteer, you'll get involved with retail and help to sort and coordinate the books that come in.
Volunteer requirements and training
This opportunity is a great fit for volunteers who can work well in a team, follow instructions, have a love of books, are honest, cheerful, and happy to interact with members of the public.
We have book shops in Whanganui and Palmerston North.
You can also volunteer in one of our Red Cross shops which sell a whole range of things including books.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW)
- Make sure your actions (or lack of actions) don’t harm your health, safety and wellbeing, or harm anyone else.
- Take part in a HSW induction, training, programmes and activities.
- Follow all instructions given to you about health, safety and wellbeing
- Follow all NZRC HSW policies, standards and procedures about health, safety and wellbeing.
- Make sure you have the right training for any activities you are doing.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) for any work activities that may need it to stay safe.
- If you spot a hazard, or you are involved in an incident or near miss, report this straight away.