Curtain bank volunteer
Keeping homes warm with appropriate curtains is essential to maintaining health and wellbeing. Our curtain bank volunteers use their skills to help people living in cold houses.
Your volunteer role will include:
- Collecting donated curtains.
- Sorting and measuring curtains.
- Fixing and altering curtains that need mending.
- Re-lining used curtains.
- Packing and distributing orders.
We have curtain banks in Mount Maunganui, Whakatane, Palmerston North, Napier, Gisborne, and Invercargill. Please choose the team you want to join from the location options above.
Volunteer requirements and training
- Sewing skills preferred.
- Training provided.
- Time commitment will vary from region to region, depending on curtain bank opening hours, and volunteer availability.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW)
- Make sure your actions (or lack of actions) don’t harm your health, safety and wellbeing, or harm anyone else.
- Take part in a HSW induction, training, programmes and activities.
- Follow all instructions given to you about health, safety and wellbeing
- Follow all NZRC HSW policies, standards and procedures about health, safety and wellbeing.
- Make sure you have the right training for any activities you are doing.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) for any work activities that may need it to stay safe.
- If you spot a hazard, or you are involved in an incident or near miss, report this straight away.