Knitting group volunteer
Our knitting groups craft treasures to that are delivered to people in need or sold to support our work.
Your volunteer role may include:
- Knitting hats, blankets, and scarves.
- Delivering these items.
- Selling items at markets.
Volunteer requirements and training
Volunteers need knitting skills or a desire to learn. Group schedules vary from location to location.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW)
- Make sure your actions (or lack of actions) don’t harm your health, safety and wellbeing, or harm anyone else.
- Take part in a HSW induction, training, programmes and activities.
- Follow all instructions given to you about health, safety and wellbeing
- Follow all NZRC HSW policies, standards and procedures about health, safety and wellbeing.
- Make sure you have the right training for any activities you are doing.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) for any work activities that may need it to stay safe.
- If you spot a hazard, or you are involved in an incident or near miss, report this straight away.